Friday, June 29, 2012

Abundance all day, everyday


   Happy Friday all! Hope everyone's week has been full of success and I'm sure everyone is looking forward to the weekend. I am writing a day early since I am out of town with my love. But this means you get to have my blog one day earlier to start your weekend off right! Sounds quite divine right? :)

   Every blog begins with an inspiration; a conversation, a thought, or something I see in my everyday life. Last week I was sitting down with my mom and brother and we just talked. We talked about relationships, our past, and then we started talking about abundance.

   In particular my mom was stating how much she believed in the tithe. She writes it out of her check every week to just keep up with it and mails it off to our church Lakewood in Houston. She was saying that everytime she tithed, abundance always came back to her. That she would never worry about donating that money because she knew it would come back full circle and she would be receiving more abundance and prosperity then ever imagined.

   Whether you believe in a higher power or simply just the universe, the message behind the tithe can be broken down quite easily. That it's you sending out the message that you are such a prosperous being and have so much abundance, that you give 10% to a place where you receive nourishment, because you know the more you give the more you will receive.

Not sold yet?

   I believe in budgeting. I love saving money, watching it grow and having that type of "rainy day" fund. The back up plan if you will. With that being said I also believe in living an abundant life and giving often. I may be cheap with the type of groceries I buy or the flip flops on my feet, but I am never "cheap" in pertinence to my life because I am a giving and highly abundant person.

   If you have the mentality that you MUST save money, that you NEED to strictly stay on a budget and that you can NEVER treat yourself; then you have stopped abundance and prosperity right on the train tracks. Perspective is everything. If you're viewing your money in that limited mind set than you will have very limited funds. You can't attract good things in life if all you put out is limiting and negative thoughts. If you view your money with an abundant mindset, just with you making money CHOICES, you will have abundance in more ways than one. Nothing is wrong with a budget, but say to yourself that they are choices not limitations you are placing on yourself.

   For example, my mother has a $10 minimum tipping ritual when she goes to restaurants. She will NEVER tip less than $10. I know some of you are thinking that it's a little crazy to spend that much. But she believes, that money is coming back to her, and that she wants to give to other individuals. See, giving is not being done with the intent on solely just receiving benefits. But it very much circles around the idea that we need to give to others, make someone's day, show them the good in humanity and hopefully they pass it on. Very much like paying it forward but on an everyday basis.

   If you instead CLUTCH to that extra $10 in thinking, "Oh no, I can't give this away. I am so tight on funds and I need to hold on to this and make sure I don't spend any money." Is that a limiting thought or an abundant thought?
LIMITING!!!

   The truth is, if you were to give away that $10 to simply make someone's day or just to give, you won't miss that money. I highly doubt at the end of the week you will shake your head and be rolled into a ball in a corner thinking about that $10 bill you gave to someone.

   An abundant thought would be, "I have so much prosperity coming my way and I have so much abundance and goodness in my life. I want to give this $10 so I can plant that seed of giving in my life and in others."

JACKPOT! ABUNDANT THOUGHT!

   This will take practice, changing your mentality doesn't happen overnight. But it is possible and it is worth it.

   When I was 16, I worked at a place called Main Event. I worked several little jobs within the place but I worked a lot in the cafe as a front line girl. Which is a fancy word for taking people's order but I like to give my job titles a little makeover. I was taking this woman's order and she had three bouncing children beside her that were elated to be spending a day playing video games and just being kids. She was looking at the menu with a worried expression and was asking me a lot of questions about prices and how much certain meals would be. The children, just being kids, blurted out what they wanted and ran off towards the video games. Not wanting to say no to her children she just continued ordering and I noticed she was ordering nothing for herself. She was pushing around things in her purse, trying to find money I soon realized, and she pulled out a $20 bill and from the looks of it that's all she had. I eyed my purse and grabbed my wallet and said that I would really like to have the honor of paying for her lunch. For a moment she just stared at me. I said again that I wanted to pay but I wanted her to get something for herself. I gave them free sodas and free refills whenever I saw them because I knew how much it can cost to spend a day at Main Event and I wanted to help however I could. She was a single mom and I wanted to give to her and just show her that I cared.

   Did I miss that $30? Did I go broke and have to starve for a week? Not at all. Instead I received such abundance and prosperity in the weeks, months and years to come after that as I continued to sew my seeds of generosity and giving. But the best part of that story was I got to see that family sit down in the booth in the cafe, enjoy their lunch, laugh and giggle and have a great time. THAT'S what giving is all about.

   At the end of the day, what's your abundance gauge set at? Is it cranked up all the way? Overflowing with generosity, prosperity and giving to others around you? If the answer is no, then I highly encourage you to crank up that gauge because it will take your life to places you would have never imagined for yourself.

   Go out this week and recognize the abundance in your life and then plant seeds of generosity in others lives. There is no need to live a life of lack when you have a life FULL of abundance right in front of you. There is more than enough to go around in this world and the best part of receiving abundance is turning right around and giving to another around you.

Give, Receive, Repeat.

~Ava
Quote of the day:
"Let us not be satisfied with just giving money. Money is not enough, money can be got, but they need your hearts to love them. So, spread your love everywhere you go."
Mother Teresa



No comments:

Post a Comment